Lake Victoria North Water Services Board
P.O. BOX 673-50100
Scope of Service
- Design of wastewater treatment system;
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment report, and Resettlement Action Plan; and
- Preparation of tender documents and engineers estimate.
The project intends to expand the sewerage system in Bungoma Town and its peri-urban areas, linking with Kibabii University and its environs. It consists of 53km sewer pipeline, with two wastewater treatment plants discharging treated effluent water into Khalaba River and Lairi River.
Some of the benefits of the sewerage system are:
- Reduce pollution of water bodies that provide water for irrigation and domestic use;
- Reduce cases of water borne diseases associated with pollution of water resources; and
- Enhance economic growth of the town and its environs;