Tana Water Works Development Agency
P.O Box 1292
Scope of Service
- Updating technical feasibility study and preliminary designs.
- Carrying out economic and financial benefit-cost analysis.
- Environmental and social impact assessment, resettlement action plan; and
- Detailed designs for the selected best option.
The project targets to supply water and provide sewage system for Loiyangalani Town, the headquarters of Marsabit West Sub-County in Marsabit County, Kenya. Though the town is on the shores of Lake Turkana, the water from the lake was found to require extensive treatment and instead springs located 5km away were proposed as the main source.
The expected benefits of the project are:
- Improved living standards for the area’s residents;
- Better health due to reduction in water borne diseases;
- Time and effort saving as distance from water point to homestead is reduced; and
- Enhanced economic growth of the town and its environs