Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development: State Department of Housing and Urban Development
P.O. BOX 30450-00100
Scope of Service
- Design review of the proposed drainage system; and
- Construction supervision.
The project, located in Garissa County, Garissa town, consisted of 10km concrete lined storm water drainage, of varying width. The drains collect storm water flowing into the town and directs it into the Tana River.
Some of the positive impacts of the project include:
- Reduced risk of flooding hence saving life and poverty;
- Increased productivity by reducing time lost when flooded; and
- Improved health due to reduction in water diseases.