Export Processing Zones Authority
P.O. Box 50563, 00200
Scope of Service
- Feasibility study
- Detailed design and preparation of tender documentation; and
- Construction supervision.
The project intended to supply water to Kenya Leather Park at Kinanie, Machakos County in Kenya, drawing water from Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company’s tank located at Mlolongo. The pipeline runs a total of 21km along Mombasa Road, crossing the Athi River, and turns off towards and past Kinanie Center to the park.
The expected benefits of the project are:
- Creation of an enabling environment to attract foreign and domestic direct investment.
- Value addition on existing supply of unfinished wet blue leather currently exported; and
- Reduce import of leather shoes hence saving on foreign exchange.